If you want to boost your chance of winning the lottery, here are the nine helpful tips to increase your winnings.
1. To increase your probability of winning, you need to buy more tickets.
But the downside of this is that you may need to spend lots of money to win a price. The worth of your winnings may not be fully compensated because of the high investment you put in buying tickets. This was proven by an Australian firm who try this trick in a local lottery. But then again, buying more lottery ticket may help improve your chances of winning.
2. Form a lottery syndicate where you gather money from lottery players.
This means you get more tickets and lottery numbers which means you will all have better chance of hitting the jackpot. The downside is, you may have to share the jackpot price with many people. But maybe, you will not complain if your group won $500 million dollar and you have to divide it between 10 winners! If you don’t want to spend a fortune, playing a lottery syndicate will increase your odds of winning.
3. Don’t choose consecutive numbers. For example, if you play a lottery with five winning numbers and you have to choose until numbers 55. The total numbers must be between 104 and 176. Studies have shown that 70% of lottery jackpots have sums that fall in this range.
4. Don’t choose a number that falls in the same number group or ending with a similar digit. Although, there is a possibility that you may win, but the probability is very low.
5. Look for more unpopular games played at odd times.
Don’t go for lottery games that always have a winner try to explore other unpopular games. Most likely, people will all go to that lottery game, so your chance of winning is lesser. Go to the less popular, with lesser game player, so your odd of winning is higher.
Better if you will play less popular lottery games with fewer players, so you will have less competition.
6. Some people tend to play lotto based from the numbers of their birthday, or the birthday of a family member. If this happens, you will usually get more numbers from 1 to 31, as this corresponds to the days in the calendar method. If you choose numbers above 31, this may not increase your chance of winning but it can boost your probability of not sharing the prize with anyone.
7. Keep in mind that every number in the lottery has an equal probability of being chosen as the winning number. There is no software that could predict the exact winning number. But you can increase your chance of not splitting the jackpot price if you use the not so common number.
8. Play the right games.
There are many kinds of lottery games that you could play, like Quick 10, Power Play etc
I hope you found these 8 tips and tricks useful. Now you can better your chances of winning the lottery.
In case you missed it, you can now play the lotto on your mobile phone, just dial *515#. (For Econet subscribers only)